DoubleGDP in some cases co-invests in programs with our city partners in order to achieve our goal of population growth. Programs are strategic levers that allow us to coordinate people, resources, and software to achieve growth goals.
We aim to use program capital to address coordination problems or accelerate growth. We want to be judicious in our spending, and these principles help guide how we approach the budget:
- Any vendor or partner we work with must be transparent about any fees they charge
- We pay fair market prices consistent with local rates for all work and materials
- We aim to avoid perverse incentives
- When possible, we want to leverage our money in combination with investments from others, which helps create broader support and more stakeholders
- Our investment should be time-bound -- it helps start a program that will aim for financial independence
- When we make payments to our city partner in order invest in a program, we expect them not to take a profit margin on those funds
- We don't pay city employees or contractors
- Pre-paying can be a good accelerant and help the market move faster. For instance, we can pay landscaping costs on a house the program will occupy in exchange for a reduction in rent.
- Avoiding perverse incentives means that we want to encourage behaviors that are economically reasonable but may be out of reach rather than those that are done just because of our investment.
DoubleGDP will use rewards programs to accelarate action and influence behaviours that would have an impact to the growth goals. The following questions will be used to guide the development of the program:
- What is a brief description of the rewards program?
- Why are we doing it?
- Which objective or goal does this program help us achieve?
- How do we execute the program?
- When do we get value from the program?
- How will we measure the program's value?
Residency Programs' Budget¶
Residency Programs are aimed at growing population at our partner cities. The budget for 2021 is capped at USD 500,000. Any additional spending is limited to increments of USD 100,000 and a corresponding justification must be provided.
Disposal of Acquired Assets¶
Acquired assets for the duration of the program that may no longer serve purpose or entirely need to be auctioned off can be communicated to the [email protected] who will follow up on the value of the asset and consultation of the accountant.