DoubleGDP has the following social media accounts:
We also have some social media presence through our Artists In Residence program. Those are listed here.
Purpose of building a Twitter presence¶
- Build a network of people interested in building new cities
- Increase visibility and credibility in the tech scene.
- Leverage already existing connections and affiliations (by following and getting followed by industry leaders).
General Twitter Guidelines¶
- Tweet from @2xgdp account
- Keep the tweet concise.
- Limit hashtags to 1-2 per Tweet.
- Include a clear call-to-action where applicable (i.e.” Read the full story here”).
- Have a conversational, informative and optimistic tone. Avoid snarky or cynical tone.
- Monitor events and trending conversations to tweet appropriately.
- Use images, GIFs, and/or videos whenever possible.
- Use emojis to add emotion when it applies.
- Ask questions and run polls (see poll ideas here https://business.twitter.com/en/blog/engaging-twitter-poll-ideas.html).
- Do not express political views.
Tweet Approval Process¶
- All tweets should be posted to the Tweet Slack channel for approval.
- Tweets are to be approved by Nolan, Doreen or Minza.
- The main account handler is Doreen, although any team member can submit tweets.
At which frequency should we tweet?¶
- 1 to 2 times a week, in addition to our bi-weekly sprint updates
Who should we follow?¶
- C-level and executives from successful and interesting start-ups.
- Key stakeholders from the start-up scene.
- New Cities / Charter Cities organizations, leaders, and influencers.
- Global Business magazines.
- Media platforms focused on tech, emerging markets and urbanization (i.e. Techpoint Africa, TechCrunch, etc).
What should we tweet?¶
- Product updates and app features: #FridayFeature.
- Nkwashi news.
- Media content from events taking place at Nkwashi (i.e. marathon, AIR events, Little Explorers, etc).
- Original blog posts (note: format links with Bitly).
- Blog posts and news articles written by other platforms about: Urbanization in emerging markets, New Cities, and community building.
- For tweets related to events at Nkwashi, the hashtag #liveatnkwashi should be used.
- For tweets related to news at Nkwashi, the hashtag #Nkwashicity should be used.
- For tweets related to news about New Cities, hashtags related to the post itself can be used (i.e. #appoloniacity #newcities #chartercities).
At the end of each sprint, CEO posts an update to a variety of social media channels. Here is the process:
- Videos from each teammate are complete by AM on the Wednesday of the sprint end. See demo process for details on this.
- Confirm that all videos are compiled in a YouTube playlist titled
Progress Updates YYYY-MM-DD
- Add CEO video as first video in playlist; reorder the others roughly with the most important / informative updates nearest the top
- Post the video and 1-2 highlights to Twitter from the @2xgdp account. Add #newcities and #remotework hashtags.
- CEO retweets from his personal account and [EA:] using Hootsuite, schedules the same post in our other media channels: including Facebook: DoubleGDP, LinkedIn: DoubleGDP, and LinkedIn: nolanmyers.